John J. Coen, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Fellowship Trained in Adult Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. John Coen is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in joint replacement surgery. Dr. Coen has nearly 25 years of experience and performs a high volume of joint replacements every year, including direct anterior hip replacement, total and partial knee replacement, and outpatient hip and knee replacement.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Notre Dame in 1985, Dr. Coen attended Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 1995 and fellowship in adult reconstruction at the New Mexico Center for Joint Replacement Surgery in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1996. Following his service in the United States Air Force Medical Corps, Dr. Coen and his wife moved to the Willamette Valley to raise their family.
An advocate of minimally invasive techniques, Dr. Coen has performed over 2,000 total hip replacements using the direct anterior approach. He has also been involved in multiple research studies and publications.
- Undergraduate: University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN
- Medical: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Alabama Hospital, Birmingham, AL
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: New Mexico Center for Joint Replacement Surgery, Presbyterian Hospital, Albuquerque, NM
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Active Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Active Fellow, American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons